The mission of Parker Road Bible Church is to be a family of believers who exalt Christ by loving God, loving people, and making disciples. This is accomplished as each believer is equipped for ministry through the teaching of God’s word, established in maturity through serving together as a body, and engaged in community by caring for people in need and sharing the gospel of Christ.
We are a family of believers in Jesus Christ seeking to produce mature followers of Christ. With the Bible as our authority we yearn to lead God's people into a passionate and personal worship, a consistent and intentional focus on spiritual growth, ministry to one another and our community with our spiritual gifts, godly relationships which permeate every aspect of church life, and a loving and truthful witness to our community and beyond.
The Bible, God's written Word, is the centerpiece of our worship, the means of spiritual growth, and the message of our witness to others.
Parker Road Bible Church began in 1944 as a small group meeting in a home. The first name of the group was Open Door Bible Church. In 1948, the church changed its location to Orland Park and was renamed Orland Park Bible Church. When the current building was complete in 1999, the church name was changed to Parker Road Bible Church.
The church building is located on nine acres in New Lenox Township. The building is fully handicapped accessible and seats approximately 160 in the sanctuary. We are situated between the growing and thriving villages of Homer Glen, Lockport, New Lenox, and Mokena.